Parent Drop-Off and Pick Up at Ventana Vista
As many of you have experienced, the parking lot at Ventana Vista can become
quite congested at arrival and dismissal times. To ensure the safety of students and
adults, please adhere to the following guidelines:
• Please allow your child to utilize the district school bus service whenever
possible. Bus service is available to open enrollment families through application.
• If you are unable to utilize the bus service, please consider carpooling with a
neighbor. The fewer cars coming through the lot the better!
• The front parking lot may not be used to drop students off or pick them up. In the
morning, the front lot will be closed when full. In the afternoon, cars will not be
permitted into the front lot after 2:30 PM.
• Students may be dropped off or picked up using the north parking lot only.
• Enter off of Kolb Road. Turn right onto Mountain Shadows. Form one lane
only, until past the entrance to the housing division at the end of Mountain
Shadows. Do not block the entrance to the housing division. Split into two
lanes along the pick-up curb.
• Please do not park in the housing division. It is illegal to do so.
• Please do not form a third lane in the interior parking lot, waiting for cars to
• Parking is permitted in designated spaces in the north lot only. It is not
permitted anywhere along Mountain Shadows. As cars exit the north lot,
other cars may enter to take their place.
• If you do park your vehicle, please walk across the crosswalk to meet your
child. Children will not be permitted to cross into the parking lot without an
• Please exercise extreme caution (and patience!) in the parking lots at all times.
We thank you for remembering to be courteous to our crossing guards and staff